Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Feeding and Bottles

I guess that through everything these days I have found something that I can be in control of. And that's his feeding. I take this very seriously. Kind of like a big corporate job. LOL I find myself trying more and more to get him to eat. And now that I've found the way to get him to eat decent I obsess over it. I really have a hard time allowing anyone else to feed him and basically I just don't let them. My Mother In Law does and I don't like it and my mother did once and I didn't like it either. I really have made the decision that no one can do my job the way I do it and my job is feeding him. Everyone else seems to think it's a "fun" time or a time to "play" with him. And it makes me crazy. I don't find it a game or fun at all. It's the life important thing of getting him big and keeping him eating. The Dr said that the better he eats and gains now the less of a problem we will have after surgery. So, I really find that the most important thing I can do for him. And basically since I can't make him better or make his heart healthy all I can do is feed him. And that I take as opur number one goal these days after keeping him healthy.
Since he's 8lbs and 13oz as of Monday....That's 2lbs 13 oz he gained since he left the hospital. And that is awesome to me. So I will continue to try and get him eating more and taking more at a time. That's what I can do to ensure a success in June.
Right now he eats around 12-14 oz a day. Which is low for a 6 week old baby. BUT it's much better then alot of heart babies. And that's a good sign.

No comments:

Post a Comment