Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Big Brother William

So, William is 4. And he has really prepared me for this journey with Trenton in a small way. William has mild Autism. He is classified as PDD-NOS. He also is has been diagnosed with Expressive Language disorder, ODD, and mood disorder. As I've been through this with William for a few years now we have made leaps and bounds. William has excelled beyond belief and is so intelligent and loving. But, before Trenton was born I had a huge worry if William would be good and kind to Trenton.
Well, let me tell you! William is an awesome big brother! Better then I ever expected really. He's so loving and kind to Trenton and talks to him all the time. He plays with toys with him and reads books to him and tells him about everything he does and sees. Yesterday he played Fire Trucks with Trenton. LOL It was so adorable. Of course Trenton just lays there and takes everything in but it's so adorable how well William has responded to being the Big Brother. It really takes my breath away when I sit back and watch William interact with him. I think it was the best thing ever for William. And What a great brother for Trenton to have! I really just love it. My two boys are amazing kids for sure!!!
Also knowing that Trenton is going to grow up in a house that offers him no judgements and where normal is normal for both of the boys makes me feel really comforted. William will never look and say...Oh you have to do OT or Speech, because William has been there. And I think that as Trenton grows William will surely be the leader that teaches him everything! Even the things I don't want him too. HAHA

No comments:

Post a Comment